Mast Cells United: A Holistic Approach to Mast Cell Activation Syndrome
by Amber Walker
Published on Amazon on March 18, 2019! Available in paperback and Kindle formats.
Two years of full-time research and over 500 pages of information about MCAS!
Allergies and anaphylaxis are on the rise, alongside gastrointestinal problems, skin issues, fatigue, orthopedic pain, neurological symptoms, and just about everything in between. Patients are coming out of the woodwork with chronic, debilitating, often invisible illness. Recent research estimates that 14%-17% of the population may have mast cell activation disease.
Much of the medical community has never heard of the condition, and existing mainstream treatment tends to focus predominantly on pharmacological management. However, once a patient has reached a stable baseline, there are a number of other individualized approaches that can guide patients to successfully address the underlying root issues.
This book includes:
- an in-depth overview of mast cell activation disease, with a focus on mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS);
- a patient story describing life with MCAS;
- a detailed literature review and current hypotheses for disease origins;
- a practical guide of clinical considerations for diagnosis;
- a chapter devoted to comorbid conditions, including Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, POTS, Lyme disease and much more;
- several chapters devoted to mainstream and natural treatment options, dietary considerations, and strategies for holistic healing;
- content from dozens of interviews with prominent MCAS experts, including specialists in allergy/immunology, hematology, functional medicine, naturopathy, psychology, nutrition, gastroenterology, physical therapy, clinical research, and more!
Whether a patient, medical practitioner, or family member/friend, this book empowers readers and provides patients with concrete steps to move forward in the diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of mast cell activation syndrome.